Sunday 18 October 2009

Formal recognition.... :-)

Great personal news !!! the Royal Photographic Society as honored me with an Associate Distinction in the field of Visual Art.
What the heck does that mean ?, well, basically I have become an ARPS !
The work submitted was from a year long project using my life drawing background and fine art photography for a figure study looking at the form, balance and symmetry of the human form. I am really pleased to gain recognition with art nude photographic work as it so often gets put to one side as as being somewhat under appreciated as an 'accepted' subject. Also I had recently tried for a similar qualification with work from this project which was not quite so successful, but that's more about the RPS seeing this genre of photography in a different way. I was somewhat reserved about this submission for various reasons but thanks to Roy for persuading me to go ahead.A selection of images from the full panel of 15 images, one from each subject.

Finally a huge thanks to models Hannah, Holly, Joceline, Justin and John for your creative help ... and your patience !

4 comments:

Ella Rose said...

Congratulations! I've seen the shot of Holly before (or a similar one) and loved it, but it's nice to see the whole panel.

Dave Hunt said...

Thanks Ella.
Have updated blog as the pic only shows a preview of the full set of 15 images - sorry for confusion....

Bill Ballard said...

Wow, Dave - congrats to you! That is excellent!

Unknown said...

Well done Dave, The 5 you show are stunning, what about showing us the rest of your panel?