Sunday 1 May 2011

Dancers in the dark - Art nude photo exhibition.



When was asked by ArtSpace of Bridge of Allan if I would put on a solo art exhibition at Clive Ramsay cafe/bar in Stirling I must admit I was curious at first how these works would go down at the cafe/bar. The venue is in a relatively new sports center and I wondered how art nude photography would be accepted in such a public spacer rather than a more formal gallery where the images would be well received. When I saw the cafe and realised that there are dance studios on the same floor it seemed a great idea, and the owner Clive himself had already purchased a couple of the small prints so I could see the reason for being asked. I must confess that I held back on some of the more full frontal works and did offer a range of images to the organisers for approval just in case but so far its all seen as tasteful art, which it is.

So, a collection of my full sized prints from the Dancers in the Dark project along with a selection of smaller images have now been put up for public display for over 6 weeks, brilliant !.

The finished hanging looks fantastic and I am really pleased with how it all compliments the existing decor, that was deliberate of course :). We have a couple of meet the artists events planned so cannot wait to get some public feedback. More details on the works and the event are at... www.davehunt.eu/dancersinthedark/

Venue :
Clive Ramsay Cafe/Bar, 1st floor, The Peak, Stirling Sport Village, Stirling, FK8 1QZ
Open every day - 10am to 8pm

Exhibition now extended to end of June :)

No comments: